WFXR and WWCW has an immediate opening for a part-time PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and energetic. Must be a well-organized, people person that enjoys meeting new faces and communicating with the public. As a public representative of WFXR, WWCW and VirginiaFirst.com candidates must be professional, well-groomed with good hygiene, and must uphold the values of the station and Nexstar’s corporate policies.
Candidate will also work closely with the web team to implement promotions on Web and Social outlets. Create associated rules and guidelines as directed by Nexstar and develop and implement new ways to reach our community. Candidate must have some editing ability and be willing to learn. Must be able to capture still pictures and video for use in on-air promotions and Network Feedback.
This position will involve, flexible, part-time scheduling that will change throughout the year. The schedule will be coordinated by the Creative Director according to the promotional calendar of events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with the community as a representative of WFXR, WWCW, and VirginiaFirst.com.
• Building a “street team” for events with station volunteers and potentially PT/Temporary help.
• Working as an individual and as part of a team managing event swag & inventory to distribute as directed.
• Engage the community in these events and drive interest in WFXR and affiliates.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Candidate MUST be a self-starter.
• Employ strong communication skills.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Possess a high school degree or greater.
• Organized, efficient and most importantly a team player.
• Must be reliable and punctual.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The candidate must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Promotions Assistant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing in excess of 75 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
To apply, visit our career center at www.nexstar.tv/careers Search Requisition Number 4403
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.