This position is responsible for the development and coordination of the WHRO volunteer program.
This position requires outstanding organizational skills; demonstrated written and oral communication skills (writing sample required); and highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate others and maintain long-term relationships with business, civic, educational and other sources of potential volunteers.
Computer and database experience required. Non profit experience preferred.
Requires high school diploma and some college along with minimum two years related professional experience. Requires extreme flexibility in work schedules during fundraisers and special events. Knowledge of public broadcasting system preferred.
• Manages 700+ community volunteers
• Recruits new volunteers and retains existing volunteers
• Train volunteers appropriately, both individually and through group sessions.
• Manage and provide updates for website concerning Volunteer opportunities and events.
• Manage volunteer database
• Submit written requests for volunteers to local publications
• Organize annual volunteer recognition program.
• Coordinate studio tours by training and utilizing volunteer tour guides
• Works with Pledge Producer and Special Events Manager in scheduling volunteers appropriately for pledge drives and special events.
• Manage operations of the WHRO Voice
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
• Demonstrate capability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
• Must be flexible
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ttz5x6bq29