Qualified candidates will have on-air radio experience and ideally some experience in Marketing or related field. Successful candidates will be extremely organized, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and know how to prioritize. Experience in event marketing is ideal. People skills are key - the position requires constant interaction with programming and sales.
The Promotions Director will interact with clients and listeners and must be able to meet the very different needs of each “customer.” The Promotions Director will supervise promotion team members and interns. The Promotions Director reports to the Program Director and Operations Manager and works closely with Sales Management.
Regular duties include:
• Planning and executing “major” radio promotions
• Writing regular promotional proposals and recaps
• Writing copy for the station Web site
• Creating contest pages for Web site and email blasts
• Oversight of stations social media platforms
• Understanding FCC rules and regulations when executing promotions
• Maintaining accurate and detailed calendars of upcoming appearances, contests, concerts, and events
• Conducting promotions meetings
• Obtaining prizes for contests on a consistent basis
• Planning for station events
• Attending sales calls
• Nights and weekends occasionally required
In addition, these skills are expected: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and HTML. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, and PowerPoint
MEL WHEELER, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring, training, or promotion of employees by reason of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap. We are engaged in a continuing affirmative action effort to seek our prospective applicants for employment with our company.
Email applications with resume and air-check to: email@example.com or apply online at www.wheelerbroadcasting.com