The Administrative/Programming Coordinator provides support, guidance and coordination in the effective and consistent administrative functions to include recruiting, hiring, performance management employee benefits and vendor management. Additionally, this position provides support to payroll and accounts payable. The Administrative/Programming Coordinator also maintains and distributes all station program schedules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Trains and supports employees in their use of the computerized timekeeping system.
• Reviews Bi-weekly payroll.
• Prepares and submits payroll change notices to corporate payroll team.
• Maintains payroll portal to ensure proper approvals for audit purposes
• Works with corporate payroll to resolve discrepancies in employee time records.
• Receives and distributes corporate and station communications to station personnel.
• Creates job posting requisition in HR system and posts approved jobs.
• Coordinates background and reference checks and initiates onboarding and conducts new hire orientations.
• Completes new hire action items in payroll system and submits to payroll. Ensures I-9 compliance for station employees.
• Prepares company and job specific information and attends job fairs to recruit qualified candidates.
• Coordinates interns and required documentation for the station according to the corporate intern procedures.
• Complies with FCC EEO requirements including keeping a current and accurate recruitment source list, maintaining job posting proof for each source by job, and annual FCC EEO report preparation and posting as required.
• Benefits administration, assisting corporate benefits, including 401K plan, workers compensation, unemployment claims, health insurance, dental, vision, FMLA, disability, jury duty, employment verifications, vacation and sick days.
• Tracks performance appraisals to ensure timely completion and filing. Maintains Personnel Services Contracts and annual compensation agreements for Sales. Coordinates pay increases for employees not on the annual pay cycle.
• Maintains personnel files including creating new hire folders and filing in a timely/accurate manner.
• Keeps the station bulletin boards current for federal and state compliance.
• Addresses any employee relations issues working with Corporate Human Resources such as work complaints, policy and pay concerns, performance improvement plans, disciplinary action including terminations, and harassment allegations.
• Responds to internal and external Human Resources and Payroll related inquiries and requests and explains policies and procedures to individuals as necessary.
• Coordinates expense processing with business HUB.
• Maintains and distributes station programming schedules to include syndication, network and local.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Proven experience in human resources and administrative assistance in a fast paced environment is preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact pleasantly and effectively with all levels of station and corporate personnel as well as external individuals.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and work independently with high attention to detail.
• Proficient with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment. Experience with payroll system products preferred.
• Ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential information.
WFXR/WWCW NEXSTAR BROADCASTING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER