WFXR-TV/WWCW-TV in beautiful Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA is seeking a Technical News Director. This is a great opportunity to hone your skills as part of an evolving news team, as we have expanded our news product in our BRAND NEW operating state of the art facility and news studio. He or she will exude professionalism, reliability and good judgement.
Southwest Virginia is home to numerous universities and colleges, including Virginia Tech and their highly acclaimed NCAA Division I athletics program. The picturesque communities are situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and near several major metropolitan areas, including Washington, DC and Charlotte, NC.
WFXR is home to the region's only 10:00 pm newscast and the only local newscast from 5:00 to 9:00 am. Now we are ready to expand and serve the viewers of Southwest Virginia like never before.
The Technical News Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs.
• Observes pictures through monitors, and directs camera/video staff concerning composition.
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments.
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast.
• Trains camera and graphics operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts.
• Switches video sources and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts.
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
• High school diploma.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Technical News Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Technical News Director must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
For more information and to apply for this position, go to https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/3341